Experiencing small bumps with your brand new iPhone XR?
Well, that is not new. Every now and then, your iPhone may encounter bugs, performance issues, glitches, and more.
No matter how new and expensive your iPhone is, there is no guarantee that your device won’t act up on you.
And with almost two years since its release, what could be the common iPhone XR problems users face?
This article is all about discussing the common iPhone XR problems as well as its solutions.
The Most Common iPhone XR Problems & How To Fix Them
Are you dealing with a crashing app? Unresponsive screen?
These problems are very common and probably experienced by most, if not all, iPhone users.
Having to experience these kinds of problems may be nothing short of frustrating.
The iPhone is deemed to be powerful yet here you are complaining about why there is constant freezing on your screen.
Thankfully, there’s no problem that can’t be solved. Along with the common problems are solutions for some workaround listed in this article.
You may have already experienced some of these problems on your own. And if not, you may be well on your way. But at least, when that happens you will know what to do then.
So, without further ado, let us get into each one of them!
Face ID Issue
If you notice, the iPhone XR does not have the home button that the old iPhones are very known for.
The home button was also the way to unlock your iPhone thanks to the Touch ID. Now, the iPhone XR unlocks through Face ID.
Mind you, the Face ID works very quickly. Just place your device in front of your face and it works like magic.
However, there are reports that the feature won’t work properly for some iPhone XR users.
1. Scan your face in a well-lit room, to begin with. This is so your iPhone will really be able to scan your face properly.
2. You might also want to bring your iPhone XR closer to level your face. This usually solves the issue.
3. Another is, you have to actively look at your iPhone to make the Face ID work. This is one feature that you can enable/disable on your phone Settings.
4. If you still continue to experience this issue, we recommend that you get in contact with Apple Support because there might be issues in the hardware that can’t be fixed with simple resets.
Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems
Some users report issues regarding Wi-Fi connectivity. Users complain about slow speeds.
If you are one of the iPhone XR users who suddenly can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network or if you noticed slower speeds than usual, try out these workaround fixes.
1. First of all, you have to make sure that your iPhone is running on the latest version of the iOS. If it is, try toggling the Wi-Fi button on and off again and see if that worked out.
2. If you encounter Wi-Fi connectivity issues, you can’t automatically assume that your iPhone XR is the one to blame.
Try unplugging your router for a minute, give it a breather, before plugging it back in. This way, it refreshes the router and might catch up on the speeds.
Contact your provider, there are times wherein your provider might be doing some maintenance. That might explain why there is a speed limit.
3. Is your Wi-Fi connectivity still giving you a hard time? You might want to forget the Wi-Fi network you are currently connected to or the network that is giving you this issue.
- Go to iPhone Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi
- Click on the information icon or “i” next to the network name
- Tap ‘Forget This Network’
4. If your iPhone XR is already running on the latest iOS version, try to reset your iPhone’s network settings.
- Go to iPhone Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Reset
- Click on Reset Network Settings
5. If the above fixes did not work out, try to hard reset iPhone XR.
Cellular Data Problems
The iPhone XR’s big screen makes playing games come to life. Even with just simply browsing through your social media feels like a premium experience.
That’s why experiencing cellular data issues can be of a bummer, don’t you think? Thankfully, there are fixes to that!
1. If you are seeing “No Service” on your iPhone, try restarting your iPhone XR.
2. Toggle on the Airplane Mode for about 30 seconds before turning it off again. This usually refreshes the service and fixes the problem right away.
2. Turn on/off the Cellular Data. You can do this through your iPhone’s Settings or by bringing down Control Center.
3. You might be experiencing outages in your area. If this is so, you might want to contact your telecom provider and confirm.
For all you know, they are due for regular maintenance.
The iPhone XR has a pretty impressive battery life – for an iPhone.
So, if you are finding that your brand new iPhone XR’s battery easily gets drain, you might want to assess it first.
1. Evaluate the usage of the device. Have you been using your iPhone for long periods of time? Are the apps you have been accessing are heavy such as gaming apps or editors?
If that’s so, naturally, your iPhone battery drains quickly. You might want to minimize the usage of these apps then. Or you can check on your Settings’ Screen Time to evaluate usage.
2. If ever your iPhone XR’s battery still drains faster than usual, click here to find out the battery saving tips to extend battery life.
One of the most common iPhone XR problems or iPhones, in general, is sound issues. Either your phone speaker is not loud enough or does not emit sounds at all.
There are even other users who complain that over time, the quality of their iPhone speakers has deteriorated.
Below are some of the tricks that might improve or solve any sound issues on your iPhone.
1. Check the mute switch. This switch is located on the left side of your iPhone, just above the volume buttons. In order to tell that this switch is on “unmute”, the orange line should not be visible.
If it is, switch it the other way to unmute your phone.
2. Restart your iPhone XR.
3. If the simple restart did not solve your iPhone, try hard resetting your iPhone XR then.
4. Disconnect Bluetooth to other devices. In some cases, your iPhone XR might be connected with other devices through Bluetooth and that’s why your iPhone is not making a sound.
5. When your iPhone’s speakers still won’t work, you might have defective hardware. You may have to contact Apple Support to have your iPhone checked.
Wireless Charging Not Working
If you don’t know it yet, your iPhone XR is capable of wireless charging.
Now, when you say that your iPhone XR’s wireless charging feature is not working, there must be something wrong.
However, you can’t say that your iPhone is broken right away. Check out some fixes below first.
1. Is your iPhone sporting a case? Well, that might be the reason why. Although most iPhone cases are very slim, some of them are not capable of wireless charging.
Take off the iPhone case. Try to find an iPhone XR case that supports wireless charging.
2. Before assuming that your iPhone might be broken, check out your wireless charger first.
Bluetooth Connectivity Problems
Some iPhone XR users report that they sometimes have a hard time connecting to Bluetooth devices. Worse, their iPhone XRs won’t connect at all.
If you are experiencing the same problems, one of the tricks below might just do it.
1. The very basic: toggle on/off the Bluetooth switch.
2. Disconnect Bluetooth devices. Check on whether there are devices that are still connected to your iPhone.
Maybe the reason why your Bluetooth won’t connect to a certain device is that your phone hasn’t been disconnected to another Bluetooth.
3. Reset all your iPhone settings. If you still have not figured out how to connect your Bluetooth, then this might just be the real fix.
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Scroll down at the bottom and click on Reset
- Tap on ‘Reset All Settings’
Common Questions People Ask
1. As an iPhone XR user, will I get to experience all of these iPhone XR problems?
Depending on how you take care of your iPhone, you may not encounter some of these problems at all. But if you do, thankfully, you have learned a fix or two!
2. Will these fixes damage your iPhone XR?
These fixes should relive your iPhone XR with the issues you are facing. But if you have done some of the steps wrong, the worse thing you can get out of it is deleted files.
So, before doing anything drastic, assess first the issue. Then, before going to the most technical solution, apply first the basic fixes.
3. What if none of the fixes worked despite following all of the steps correctly?
Unfortunately, your iPhone may have some issues with the hardware. If none of these fixes above ever solve your problem, then get in touch with Apple support and give your iPhone a thorough checkup with the experts.
Sadly, the problems above can’t be entirely avoided. But when tough times kick in, at least you now know how to deal with it.
Remember, there is no problem without a solution. If your iPhone XR starts getting these common problems, this article will be your guide then!
Did you find this article helpful? Have you experienced other iPhone XR problems too? Comment down and share the ways on how you fixed it!