Is your move from Android to iOS not working? I know it’s disappointing to see “Software Update Failed” when you try to download the new iOS software. Don’t fret! We are here to help.
I’m going to provide three different methods that you can try to fix this issue. Please follow the instructions in the order listed below.
Move To iOS Not Working – iOS Software Failure
1. Set up your iPhone or iPad until you reach the screen titled “Apps & Data”.
2. Tap the ‘Move Data from Android’ option.
3. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store and search for ‘Move to iOS’.
4. Open the ‘Move to iOS’ app listing
5. Tap ‘Install’ on any of the apps to help you download the software
For the sake of this tutorial, I am going to use the “Move to iOS” app through Apple Inc.
Move To iOS Not Working
Are you making the switch from Android to iPhone iOS?
Does This Icon Pop Up?
1. Check that your Android is an Android 4.0 or higher.
2. Make sure the iPhone you are transferring to is either new or an iPhone that’s been reset.
3. Check your Android settings to make sure the ‘Smart Network Switch’ or ‘Connections Optimizer’ is not selected. If it is, unselect it.
4. Put your Android on airplane mode
5. Just in case this doesn’t work, download an app to backup/save the data.
6. Use another app from Google Play Apps listed above and follow the steps.
1. Reboot your iPhone. Yes, sometimes the fix is that simple, you would be surprised!
2. If the problem persists, go to ‘Settings’.
3. Click ‘General’.
4. Click ‘Software Update’.
5. Look to see the following to verify that the software has indeed been downloaded:
1. Check your wifi connection. Do you have all of your bars?
2. Turn your wifi off then back on.
3. Wait 10 minutes to see if all your bars come back.
4. If not, reset your Network Settings.
5. Go to ‘Settings’.
6. Click ‘General’.
7. Click ‘Reset’.
8. Click ‘Reset Network Settings’ and enter your passcode.
9. Try downloading the software again.
Now that you have the steps to make the switch, get started! Join the iPhone family as you make your move to iOS!
Let us know if the steps worked for you in the comments below!